Sunday, January 12, 2014

Basic MakeUp Application: A Step by Step Process!

Hi Ladies! Thanks for checking out this blog! I've decide to give a step by step list of how I achieve a basic look.

Okay so here is my bare face! No judgement please, I just had a peel and extractions!
















Step #1

Tools: Brow pencil
I choose to start off by doing my eyebrows. I use a pencil to fill them in and give them the desired  shape of my choice (I add an arch). It DOESN'T need to be perfect, the perfecting comes in the next 2 steps!
















Step #2

Tools: Angled brush, Concealer
Place some concealer on your angled brush and outline the bottom of your eyebrow.















Step #3

Tools: Flat concealer brush
Smooth it on out!
















Step #4

Apply your eyeshadow base/primer! Below are some of the primers I like to use.
















Step #5

Tools: Blending Brush & Transitional eyeshadow color. Typically, a brownish color close to your skin tone

Use a blending brush to apply eyeshadow in the crease. Apply using a back and forth(windshield wiper) motion.


















Step #6

Tools: Flat eyeshadow brush & eyeshadow of your choice.

Lighter colors will highlight (make noticeable) Deeper colors will deepen the eye. If you have a protruding eye, its best to use a darker color. If you have a deep-set eye, its best to use a lighter color.

Apply eyeshadow to the lid. This can be messy. We'll fix it in the next step!


















Step #7

Tools: Blending brush
Okay let's clean this up a bit. Take your blending brush and blend the eyeshadow into the crease.
















Step #8

Tools: Liquid or Gel eyeliner & Concealer
Apply the eyeliner and apply the concealer to you spots and under your eye! Make sure to blend concealer with your ring finger!

















Step #9

Tools: Mascara, Powder or Foundation or Bronzer, Blush, Lip color
Apply the finishing touches and your are done!




Thank you so much for checking this out! be sure to add a comment if you have any questions!

Mary B.






2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No problem! Let me know if there's anything else you like me to write about!

      Delete